Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Counting My Blessings in November

November is the time to count our many blessings - name them one by one.


I want to look at each day and name at least one blessing from that day. Something that happened or affected me on that day and not just in general. It can be so easy to igore those little blessings in our day, but sometimes it is the little blessings that can make the biggest impact.


 
November 8 - Thankful for the freedom to vote.
Since today is election day, I thought today about those in other countries who risk harm and danger on themselves and family just to vote.  I thought about those who stand in line for hours just for the honor and priviledge to vote.  How easy we have it here in our little community.  I don't have to worry about parking, walking in, or being hurt while I am voting.  I am able to voice my opinion and have a say in what happens in our community without risk to myself or my family.  This is a freedom I do not want to take lightly and is one I truly appreciate.

No comments: