Monday, March 30, 2009

Every Hair On Your Head


Today, I was home with my son Bennett who was sick. He is my snuggler, my thinker and my questioner. He likes to ask those big questions like Why did God make the sky blue?, When will I get to see Grandma Margaret again (she passed away in Dec 2006)? How come people have to get divorced?, etc. Today I got another one of those questions. Bennett asked, How does God count all the hairs on my head?

Recently I had taught the kids that come to our After School Jams program at our church about God knowing each of us before we were born, how he created us, made us, and has plans for each one of us. We taught the kids that in God's eyes were are all superstars and as long as we have God in our lives, we are rich. We talked about the following Bible verses with the kids...

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you."
Luke 12:7 "Why even the hairs on your head are all numbered."
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him."

So, now nearly 3 weeks later, my son asks, how did God count the hairs on his head. I just answered, only God knows and hopefully someday we will know all the answers, but until then, we just need to know that God made us and we are special to him. I hope that was enough for him to ponder, at least until the next question.

No comments: