Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rejuvenation Day!


After a No School day yesterday (our 7th) due to an ice storm and a 2-hour late start today, I dropped our daughter off at daycare before preschool and declared the next 5 hours all to myself! I went to Starbucks with my new book, Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky (which I can't put down) and ordered a "My Perfect Oatmeal" with nuts, fruit and brown sugar, grabbed a juice (already had too much coffee) and snuggled in for a half hour of reading. It was pure bliss to me. Then I headed to Hy-Vee to get the necessary groceries, to Target to get some items I couldn't get at Hy-Vee, then to the mall for lunch (more reading) and a much needed haircut! Even though there wasn't anything extremely special about my day, just being able to spend it how I wanted to, without anyone else, was exactly what I needed. I arrived home in plenty of time to pick up the kids from school, feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the evening. It was just what this mom needed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love days like this!! I also have 3 children and have the pleasure of being at home with them right now. I love to read and go to Starbucks too!!