Saturday, December 15, 2012

This Christmas....Be Yourself


I don't know about you, but when I entertain, this is NOT how my table looks.  I don't have this kind of talent and doubt I ever will.  As I was thinking about Mary and Martha (see previous post), I ran across this quote, which reminded me...to just be myself. 

When you are entertaining, try not to feel that something unusual is expected of you as a host.  It isn't.  Just be yourself.
Marion Rombauer Becker
Marion was the daughter of Irma Rombauer, who published THE JOY OF COOKING.  


2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm totally Martha! Eek...guess I better go make my hot chocolate and read a book! Merry Christmas my friend!

Diana said...

I'm totally Martha! Eek...guess I better go make my hot chocolate and read a book! Merry Christmas my friend!