Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snow Day




The snow has arrived.  My summer oasis is now covered in snow.  The wind is howling outside and this morning we were without power for 4 1/2 hours.  Since then it has only flickered a few times.  I hoping the power stays on.  I have several friends in communities near us that have been without power all day.  I'm very thankful I have been able to bake and be warm.  

The kids are home from school and have been getting along fairly well.  I have supper in the crock pot and have been baking....finally.  Oreo Balls, Toffee Bark, and Sugar Cookies are mostly done.  Still want to make my mom's Spritz cookies and my Peanut Butter Star cookies, but I don't think I will be going anywhere tomorrow, so will have lots of time then.

I think everyone needs a snow day once in a while!

2 comments:

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Enjoy your snow day :)

Shay @ Whine Less, Breathe More said...

Wow! Looks like you got a bit more snow than we did on Thursday. We enjoyed a nice slow day, too.